About UsKeeping Your Home Safe and Your Family Healthy
Atlantic Real Estate Services (DBA Atlantic Radon) is a family-based business that prides itself on hard work and creating a high-quality solution for customers in Anne Arundel, Maryland and surrounding area. Whether it’s testing for Radon or installing a Radon Mitigation System, our professional certified Radon experts are here to help.
Let us help make your home safer from Radon gas to keep you and your family safe.
Our Radon Mitigation Systems come with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty and our professionals will choose the right system best for your home to keep you and your family safe.
Read some of our customers testimonials of why you should choose Atlantic Radon for your home in Maryland.
Certified Radon Mitigation Experts
As a member of the nationally-recognized The American Association on Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST) and The National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP), Atlantic Radon of Maryland radon technicians are trained extensively on the best practices for properly installing radon mitigation systems to pull radon from within the home and expel it outside the house. Each of our contractors is licensed to perform all radon services and comply with all the radon gas industry’s recommended practices to ensure the highest quality solutions have been provided.
Modern Radon Mitigation Systems
Each radon mitigation system design varies depending on the structure of your home. Homes are generally categorized according to their foundation design. The existence of a basement, crawl space, or slab all determine the proper mitigation system needed.
We only utilize the industry leading radon mitigation systems from RadonAway. They’ve been offering Radon-specific fans and solutions for over 30 years.
We strive for quality and cost-effective radon solutions to create a referral-based business on trust. All of our team members see your project as something more than just a job, it’s about saving lives. Over 20,000 lives are lost each year due to Radon gas.
What is Radon?
Radon forms naturally as a result of the decay of radioactive elements like uranium. This radioactive, odorless gas is present in soil and rocks. It can get indoors via air and water.
Continuous exposure to radon puts you and your family at risk of inhaling radon progeny, a product of radon breakdown. It could attach to small particles and dust, making it easy to inhale. The radiation from the exposure could cause damage to your DNA.
What is a Radon-Resistant Home?
A radon-resistant home ensures that you and your family won’t have to worry about radon exposure. Atlantic Real Estate Services offers a system that includes all essential elements of mitigating radon. You can be confident that every aspect of your home will be checked and protected from the harmful effects of radon.
- Sealing and Caulking — openings in the foundation floor must be sealed to prevent gas entry from the soil.
- Gas-Permeable Layer — if your home has slab-on-grade foundation or casement, a gas-permeable layer keeps the gas underneath the property and allows it to move freely. Properties with crawlspace foundations don’t need this layer.
- Junction Box — often placed in the attic, this electric box makes it easier to install vent fans.
- Plastic Sheeting — this is place over the gas-permeable layer to ensure that soil gas won’t enter your home. You can also put plastic sheeting on your crawlspace.
- Vent Pipe — a vent pipe safely gets radon gas out of your home. It runs from the gas-permeable layer through the roof.
Why Should You Check for Radon?
There is no other way to find out if your home has high levels of radon but to test it. Radon testing and remediation are essential, especially if the property has never been checked. Furthermore, you should test for radon if you’re selling or buying a new property.
- Any home can have an undetected radon problem — Old and new residential properties are at risk of radon exposure.
- Your Health is at Stake — Exposure to radon and inhaling air with radon increases your risk of developing lung cancer. It’s estimated that about 21,000 lung cancer cases are related to radon exposure.
- Experts recommend it — The United States Environmental Protection Agency recommends assessing residential properties for the presence of this harmful gas in indoor air. If you’re buying a new property, it’s best to ask the seller of their test results. If you’re selling, make sure to provide all necessary information pertaining to testing and your radon mitigation system to your buyers.
How to Check for Radon?
Short-term or long-term testing could be done to your home, depending on your needs. We could use passive and active devices in testing the levels of radon in your home.
Radon and Environmental Testing
A short-term test often runs between 2 and 90 days, depending on the type of testing device that your radon inspector will use. A long-term test would last for more than 90 days.
Between the two types of tests, the long-term test will be the one to show the property’s average annual radon level. It could also help confirm any results from short-term tests.
What to Do if Radon Levels in Your Home is High?
Should the results show high levels of radon in the property, take immediate action to fix the problem. If you’ve owned the house a while, it means you’ve been exposed to harmful gas for a long time. Your risk of lung cancer increases for every moment that you let pass.
Radon mitigation is the process of reducing levels of the harmful gas in your property. Protect your family’s health by choosing certified radon technicians like Atlantic Real Estate Services to do the work for you. We provide a performance warranty to ensure that you’re getting the best radon mitigation system available.
Remember, when it comes to your family’s health, you shouldn’t take any risks.
Keep your home safe and your family healthy through a reliable radon mitigation system. Here at Atlantic Real Estate Services, we’ve made mitigating radon our business. We’re a team of certified radon inspectors and have years of experience in home inspection.
They installed a radon system in my home in SEPT 2022. AR was incredibly responsive to my calls and questions, and promptly scheduled me for installation. Pricing was also fair, based on the current market (and even beat many other companies).
They were onsite at 0800 and were done by 1200 the same day. The technician was incredibly polite, patient, and knowledgeable. They also use gutter downspout, which looks better than the standard PVC many others use. The fan equipment they use is incredibly quiet (I seriously don't even notice it running), and the install was clean.
I highly recommend them for your radon install!
I expected to pay a lot more for my system and honestly these guys’ pricing is very very fair and reasonable and they will give you a discount also if your local to them which helped a lot !
Truely awesome guys and awesome company !