You’ve probably heard of radon and its dangers to your health. You may have received advice on checking your home for radon to reduce your health risks.
But, what exactly is radon, and how could it get inside your home? Here are some facts about radon that you should know.
1. It occurs naturally as part of uranium’s decay process.
2. Radon gets inside your home through the crevices within your foundation or basement floor.
3. Because radon is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, you won't know you are already exposed to it.
4. Next to cigarette smoking, radon is a leading cause of lung cancer.
5. Long-term exposure to both radon and cigarette puts you at higher risk of lung cancer
6. Apart from being released from the soil and rocks, radon could also be present in water.
7. Radon levels across the country vary from area to area.
8. There are two major types of radon tests: short-term and long-term testing.
9. Get your home tested for Radon
Is your home safe from radon exposure? Make sure your family is safe by scheduling radon testing in Annapolis and Severna Park. Atlantic Radon offers free in-home consultations to help you choose the best solution and protection for your home. Get in touch with us by filling out our contact form to learn more about our services.