Radon Mitigation in Urbana, MDServing Frederick County, Maryland homes with Radon Mitigation
Radon Mitigation and Testing in Urbana, Maryland Made Simple with Atlantic Radon
Did you know that Urbana, Maryland is situated in an area that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) assigned as Radon Zone 2? Radon concentration level in this zone is between 2 pCi/L and 4 pCi/L. According to the agency, all homes should test for the presence of Radon. Additionally, any property with a test result of more than 4 pCi/L must be fixed.
Have you had your property in Urbana, Maryland tested yet?
Why Test for Radon in Frederick County, MD
With the average Radon level in Frederick County, MD between 2 pCi/L and 4 pCi/L, there’s a chance that your home could be within the upper limit. If it is, and it remains undetected, you and your family might eventually encounter health issues associated with Radon exposure or Radon poisoning.
But what exactly is Radon?
It’s a colorless and odorless noble gas, making it hard to detect by untrained professionals or without the right equipment. Radon is also denser than air and does not readily dissolve in water. Additionally, it could pass through solid layers, like plastics and concrete walls. If there is Radon underneath your home, it could dissipate through your basement and eventually is trapped inside your house.
Radon testing and mitigation in Frederick County, Maryland, are the only solutions to avoid the long-term harmful effects of Radon exposure. Fortunately, Atlantic Radon can do both for you. Our team of certified Radon technicians provides services across Maryland, including Urbana.
Misconceptions About Radon and Radon Testing
While the EPA and Maryland’s Department of Health have provided sufficient information on Radon, there are still many misconceptions about it. This is the reason many homeowners are still wary of testing their home for Radon or undergoing Radon remediation.
Some common misconceptions are:
- Radon testing takes time and is costly — There are two types of Radon testing: (1) short-term testing and (2) long-term testing. Many homeowners often go for short-term testing first. Often, that’s enough to determine if your property is safe from Radon. Long-term testing is usually only done to confirm the results of the short-term testing if the initial result is 4 pCi/L or higher. As for the cost, this depends on the service provider or test kit that you use.
- My neighbor got their home tested, and they’re within the safe range. My home probably has the same level too since we’re in the same area. — No two homes are the same. It doesn’t matter if you’re within the same neighborhood. There is no guarantee that your home is safe from high concentrations of Radon unless you test for it.
- We need to leave our home if the result is above 4 pCi/L — Not at all! Through our Radon mitigation service in Urbana, Maryland, we could lower Radon concentrations to safe levels. You won’t have to move. You could feel safe and continue living in your home.
- Radon mitigation systems don’t work — They do! Research shows that Radon mitigation systems could lower the gas’s concentration by as much as 99%.
- I’m selling my property. I don’t have to test for Radon — Both home sellers and buyers should test a property for Radon. As a seller, you should also inform buyers of your property’s Radon level and let them know if you had installed systems to keep the levels down. Many homebuyers would appreciate this and could actually help your property to sell quickly.
Getting Rid of Radon in Your Home at Urbana, Maryland
Atlantic Radon could help vent Radon out of your home. Our technicians have received their certifications from the National Radon Proficiency Program, making them some of the most trusted in the state. We have the knowledge and skills to test and mitigate Radon using solutions that absolutely suit your circumstances and needs.
Atlantic Radon provides performance warranty for all Radon mitigation systems we design and install. This is our guarantee that you’re getting only the best value and service for your money.
There are no signs to warn you that your home has a high concentration of Radon gas. The only way to know is to have your home in Urbana, Maryland, tested. Don’t wait too long to schedule Radon testing and mitigation. The longer you wait, the longer you’re putting your family at risk of harmful —and even deadly— health conditions.
Atlantic Radon provides Radon and environmental testing. We also perform Radon mitigation and home inspections. With certified technicians, our team offers top quality services that meet the standards of the National Radon Proficiency Program. You can be confident that we will do our best to find the best solutions for your Radon problems.
Radon Mitigation & Radon Testing
Get a custom estimate by one of our professional certified radon experts.
Protect your family's health
We believe that radon mitigation is a service, and that it’s more than installing a system of pipes and a radon fan. We provide a radon mitigation service that values your need for a system that protects your family’s health. Let us help you take care of your family by installing clean, good-looking radon mitigation systems.
certified radon technicians
We have the experience necessary to overcome any radon gas problem. We stand head and shoulders above the rest in quality and customer satisfaction. Our National Radon Proficiency Program certified radon technicians are the best at what they do. We truly care about our customer’s health and the value of their homes and buildings.
We train every radon system installer so that you can be certain that the technician has the experience necessary to design the best radon mitigation system. Our system designs are backed by our performance warranty or phased scope of work. We strive to provide the very best radon mitigation service possible.
It has been a true pleasure doing business with you. You took the time to understand the requirements and come up with options. On schedule, on budget, and delivered the results. I would add that I truly appreciate your customer focus and responsiveness.
We are extremely pleased with both the work and the testing results! Thomas did a fabulous job to ensure that the radon system he installed did the least aesthetic damage to our home while making sure it was also done soundly from a structural perspective. He walked me through the entire process so that I knew what he was going to do beforehand. Testing results came back at 0.4pCi/L (down from 3.9!) so we are very happy. Would highly recommend Atlantic without a doubt.
I can't say enough, this was such a great experience. Tommy is superb! My husband and I needed radon mitigation after we purchased a new home. This company expertly installed a mitigation system in our basement that works wonderfully and aesthetically blends into the design of the outside of our home. Now the radon in our basement is lower than the natural levels in the environment. As a working mom with a busy schedule, it was wonderful how Tommy was so prompt and honest with his estimate and communication. His price was very fair and everything was installed as we discussed. Our results were phenomenal. I highly recommend Tommy to preform any work you require.